Job Description: Program Coordinator
About We.APP Young Artists Academy (YAA)
The We. Act. Present Perform. (We.APP) We.APP Young Artists Academy (YAA) is the only public speaking class offered as an elective or Language Arts course during the school day. YAA is designed to teach young scholars to discover their unique voice and create original work that expresses their view on education, home, and life. Our project-based methods are anchored in using writing and presenting to empower participants to present ideas that reflect their clear, passionate, and distinctive perspectives of the world. Our unique methodology to teaching literacy and communication skills deepens their appreciation for the power of words and how writers and speakers use strategies like vocabulary, literary devices, movement, voice, and modes of discourse to convey a message.
Our main objective for YAA is to be an integral part of what schools provide to bridge the engagement and opportunity gap. Our strategy incorporates integrating public speaking and performance art to re-engage students in their reading, writing, and listening process. By teaching students to expand vocabulary, critical thinking skills, and ability to collaborate, students increase their ability to self-direct, adapt speech to a variety of contexts and tasks, and speak with purpose as it relates to school and home. All these things contribute to a child’s ability to focus and stay engaged in their learning process as it relates to the classroom, home, and self-exploration.
The We.APP Program Coordinator assumes primary responsibility for the successful function of the YAA program in service to the program objectives. The position reports directly to the Executive Director. This is a part-time position working remotely and at the We.APP co-working space located in The Cloud Room.
Program Management: 50%
● Supervise and manage teaching artists
● Recruit and coordinate the teaching artists which will include interview process: posting, scheduling, interviewing and conducting orientations
● Collect and track invoices from teaching artist and partnering schools
● Oversee policies, procedures and decisions to ensure a safe and supportive learning environment for students and staff
● Conduct classroom observations to ensure the quality of instruction
● Travel to partner schools and weekly meetings with Executive Director
● Supervise and manage culminating showcase planning committee
● Direct and oversee all aspects of We.APP YAA programming, including managing teaching artists, managing partner school correspondence and agreements, program development, logistics, correspondence, marketing and promotional activities
● Coordinate and manage YAA Program which includes utilizing data tools to analyze program effectiveness, develop weekly, quarterly and annual program reports, creation of assessments and develop program metrics and conduct conclusive program evaluation tools.
● Develop and assess online survey instruments, and the tracking of identified program indicators
● Implement work plan for each phase of programming
● Develop and maintain positive rapport to manage relationships with partnering schools which includes building relationships with each school’s HR Department, principal, lead teacher and managing school schedules (holidays, breaks and early dismissal)
● Manage all communication with students, parents and partnering schools which including schedule changes, class cancellations, registration deadlines, parent letters and texts and process changes
● Provide guidance and collaborate with internal and external partners as necessary, including parents, teaching artists, teachers, organizational partners and other community stakeholders
● Bachelor’s Degree in Art Education, Theater, Communications, or related field
● A minimum of two years of experience working in the field of administration or education administration, with demonstrated success in the coordination, implementation and management of educational programs
● Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to act as a resource, provide customer service in a courteous manner to, and work effectively with diverse groups of people at various levels both internal and external
● Must pass background check
● Skills to identify issues involving conflict and approaches to resolution
● Advanced Microsoft office skills - Proficiency in Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint
● Ability to utilize Google forms, docs and spreadsheets
● Excellent organizational skills
● Ensures issues/concerns will be addressed and monitors them through conclusion
● Effectively manages own time and resources
● Seeks to apply technology and innovation to improve efficiency and solve problems
● Bilingual/Biliterate in English and Spanish preferable
● Experience with instructional design
● Experience in non-profit organizations
● At least one year of classroom experience with youth
● Ability to conceptualize and design new processes for continuous improvement of program design, implementation, and impact
We.APP is an equal opportunity employer. This is a part-time position, totaling up to 15 - 25 hours per week; compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Job Type: Part-Time . Salary: $30 - $40/hour.
Applications and nominations will be accepted until August 31st. Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Toyia Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed through September 15th, with requests for interviews to immediately follow.
For more information go to http://www.theweappstudio.com.